white pages. Gallery shows nothing. Can't even see person page
yesterday I could use familysearch. Today, without rebooting, I can't see much in family search. Yes to the home page.. not to a lot of other things. So I reset back to previous method and now I can't even see the person page. I have started my computer several times, but to no avail. All works fine on my husband's computer. Any clues. I have an older computer. His is new.
I found the following on the FamilySearch help page
Why is FamilySearch blank?
Article Id: 976
September 19, 2022
Is information in Family Tree not appearing correctly on your screen? The following chart offers a few reasons for the problem and solutions for fixing them.
Possible CauseSteps to TroubleshootUnknown. In the upper left portion of the tree screen, click the icon that looks like a house.
If the house icon does not show, above the gray field where the pedigree should show, click Recents. To the right of your name, click the pedigree icon.
- Family Tree is off the screen.Pull the screen down and right to uncover and see the tree.Your name has quotation marks or other symbols in your profile.Sign in to FamilySearch.org.
- In the upper right corner, click your name.
- In the dark box that appears, click Settings.
- In the Full Name field, remove any quotation marks or other symbols.
If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and cannot edit this field, contact your ward or branch clerk. He can update your church record.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save Changes.
- Sign out of FamilySearch.org.
- Sign back in.
- Your firewall or security software is blocking access.Switch to a different browser (Google Chrome, Edge, or Firefox) to view Family Tree.
- If the same problem exists in multiple browsers, it is likely that other software on your computer blocks the site.
- If you have the problem only in a specific browser, delete the temporary internet cache and cookie files, and then restart the browser. If the problems continue, reset the browser.
- Temporarily disable your firewall software. Does the Family Tree page display correctly?
- If the site does display correctly after you disable the software, please contact your security software manufacturer. Have them add the sites below as allowed sites:
- Your Internet browser is out of date.Check your current browser version, and update to the latest version. FamilySearch supports Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari. Note: We no longer support any version of Internet Explorer.
- If you are using a Mac, check your operating system to ensure it is current. You cannot update the Safari browser separately.
- Use a different internet browser.
- Ghostery (a browser add-on that blocks tracking from websites) is blocking FamilySearch.org because of Adobe TagManager. In your browser bar, click the Ghostery icon.
- Click Adobe TagManager and enable it.
- Click reload.
Note: Ghostery affects Source Linker in FamilySearch.org as well.
- A proxy server is blocking access.Disable the Use proxy server option in your browser if you should not use a proxy server.White Sky Fast Connect blocks access.If you use White Sky Fast Connect, please uninstall it from the control panel.
- Remove the extension from Google Chrome (if applicable).
- Remove the Add-on from Mozilla Firefox (if applicable).
Please contact FamilySearch Support if you are unable to resolve this issue.0
Maile L mod
@Cindy Arbon Is this similar to what you are experiencing? https://community.familysearch.org/en/discussion/139453/pages-not-loading0