Messages Not Accessible
I am using a Mac to access Family Search. From my home page, I can see that I have messages from other users. When I click on one, it gives me an error message, "Oops, something went wrong. Please refresh the page." I have not been able to access my messages for a couple of months now at least. When are you going to fix this so that I can continue my discussions with my fellow researchers?
I'm on a Mac, also, and not having any trouble at all. It may be something to do with your particular system. If there is a flaw in the programming that only shows up on your setup, the programmers will never know there is something to be fixed because they will never see it. They usually have to be able to reproduce a problem before they can fix it. So give as much detail as you can.
As a start, what operating system version, browser, browser version are you using?
I'm on macOS 11.5.1, using both Safari 14.1.2 and Firefox 92.0, so that setup works.0
I too have the same problem on my iPad mini version 2, I receive the message, but can’t reply. On my iMac 2012, everything works for messages. Must be an iOS problem. I use Safari and Mail programs, all updated as far as can be.0
I’m getting the same and I’ve tried on my laptop, iPhone and iPad. What’s wrong?.0
If I understand correctly then, you are having the problem when using a browser and NOT the iOS FamilySearch app? While not a solution for the browser issue - I wonder if the app is having the same problem? I don't have a Mac to try reproducing the issue on - just trying to be helpful - especially if you are using a mobile.
I also note: a post where the user IS having message problems in FamilyTree for iOS that seem to have appeared in the past month - maybe something is going on that causes this adverse issue on iOS.
In process of confirming whether messages could be received on iOS FamilySearch app - the messages - which I note appear to have been updated to a different system/interface now - were received and replied to between me and an iOS user without difficulty. No problems receiving/replying - Safari on iPhone 8. iOS version 14.7.1 and in FS Tree app Version 4.1.1
I checked on android and can access messages fine but I did need to pinch the screen https://community.familysearch.org/en/discussion/99982/familysearch-in-house-messaging-having-a-problem#latest
to compose a message. It appears they have been rolling out a newer version of messages. I wonder if that was part of the problems.0
@Paula Furner ( &, @rickfaulkner2698453 ; &, @Tennuchi Alan Cyril Edward )
I am just another 'lowly' User/Patron ...
And, I DO NOT use 'Apple' products ...
IF, you have not already; THEN, ...
Just in passing ...
An 'oldie'; but, sometimes a 'goodie' ...
Have you tried, "Clearing" your, "Cache" and "Cookies" (and, possibly "Browsing History") ...
That sometimes does the trick ... not always ... but, sometimes ...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained ...
Just a thought.
Any progress in getting things to work? You're getting plenty of suggestions, but nothing can really be done unless you explain more, starting with device, operating system, browser or app, and browser or app version.0
Just chiming in that although I do not have this exact problem I do have a problem with messages in Family Tree: Often, I see the new message red dot on the web interface but when I go to read the message there is no new message. I don't see the message on the mobile app either. On the mobile app I also don't see spurious new message dots.
To be clear: I get many messages. Just sometimes on the web I seem to be getting phantom messages as well.0
I cleared the browsing History and Message worked as usual and it seemed to work. Ten minutes later the message was gone.0