Why does this link say image not available
Image for this search does not come up with the correct document:
- Hungary Civil Registration, 1895-1980
- Esztergom (County)
- Esztergom (Town)
- Marriages (Házasultak) 1929-1935
It provides an incorrect document. Later dates also do not work and say "image not available" as well.0
The waypoint for some reason erroneously points to film 004836806, which contains marriages 1896-1897. Marriages 1929-1935 are actually item 2 on film 4837025, but that film is not available online, probably due to privacy restrictions. (https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/1021674)
I have no idea what department is in charge of waypoints. I do know that in a decade of trying, I have yet to achieve any sort of correction to any of them. (Most egregiously, the "Slovakia Census, 1869" still has Tolna and Torontál listed among the counties, because they've misidentified Vértesszöllős as Torontálszöllős, and Vértestolna as Tolna. [Both of the correct places belong under Komárom county.])1
So, would I need to go to Utah and view it at the Granit Mountain Record Vault? Is this a place anyone can go to view film?
Granite Mountain Record Vault International Film
No, I don't think anyone can get into Granite Mountain.
I would be very happy to be told I'm wrong, but as far as I know, catalog items with the film reel icon are not currently accessible anywhere.0
Hi @TonySziklai. We have a knowledge article that explains about the film notes that you see when you are on a catalog page at FamilySearch. Please review this knowledge article which if found in our Help Center
Specifically stated in this article is this information
- Film reel indicates that FamilySearch has a physical version of the material—a microfilm or microfiche. We lack a digital version or the record custodian denies user access to the digital images. This means that if a digital version has been made, we do not have permission to share the digital version, but the film reel means the microfilm/or fiche can be viewed at the Family History Library in Salt Lake.
- Location and Collection or Shelf—the location of the item in the Family History Library...
- Off-site storage means that the item is in storage away from the library for various reasons. We cannot retrieve off-site storage books for public use.
- On loan means that the item is out of the library temporarily.
Because we no longer circulate microfilms, if an item is in the Granite Vaults and you will be coming to the Family History Library in Salt Lake, this additional article explains how to pre-order having a specific film available in the Library during your visit. This might be helpful if you or someone you know will be going to the library now that we can plan visits there.
We do our best to help with your research efforts and hope this additional information is helpful. Please remember that you can call the Family History Library in Salt Lake at 1-801-240-6996. Individual reservations are not needed and the library is open between 9am-5pm Mountain Time Monday thru Friday. When you call you must listen to the prompts so that you can get to the right individuals if you are wanting to schedule to have films available for you. Best wishes as you press forward with your research.1