Need help locating birth records from St.Lawrence County, NY
Im fairly new at working on my families genealogy. I’m presently working on my Mayflower application and I’m stuck trying to locate proof of birth for 2 couples, 3 were from St. Lawrence County, NY, (Postdam and Massena). I’ve been in contact with that county and their records go back to 1870 and I need 1820, 1821 and 1847. My local Family Search still has not opened back up. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding where else I can try to locate these records? Thanks
The link above will help you search for records.
FamilySearch offers several options for getting help.
- The Search tab on FamilySearch allows you to search records, genealogies, books, and more.
- The FamilySearch Research Wiki is a great place to learn research techniques and discover new resources.
- Family History Library Online Consultations are free, 20-minute consultations with a specialist from the Family History Library.
- If you want online tutorials and videos, visit the FamilySearch Help Center for the country, language, or topic. You can find lessons for everyone from beginner to advanced researcher.
- FamilySearch community groups give you access to research experts who are willing and ready to offer free assistance and share resources. You can find these groups on Facebook and in the FamilySearch Community .
- We often publish articles about research and many other family history topics on our blog .
- You can find local, in-person help at a family history center. They are located worldwide, and you may find one near you .
- If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, visit the FamilySearch Help Center to see who your local temple and family history consultants are.
Many other organizations also offer help. Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness ( RAOGK ), for example, is a global volunteer organization where you can make requests for help with research tasks.
Where can I get help using FamilySearch?
How do I search the FamilySearch Research Wiki?
Can I hire a genealogist through FamilySearch?
How do I attach a historical record to a person in Family Tree?0