Source - "Unfinished Attachments"
For some reason when checking on a family's source each and every source shows "Unfinished Attachments". However, when I check to see if I can help almost ALL source have truly are "finished". See one of my family (LDFM-BY3) - each source says "Unfinished Attachments". SEE: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/sources/LDFM-BY3
I started working yesterday morning and at some time "Unfinished Attachemts" popped up.
Who do I get hold of to see if the problems in on my end or on FamilySearch ends?
Dear SL Everman
How do I handle unfinished attachments in Family Tree?
In Family Tree, you may see the message, “This source has not been attached to all people found in the record,” on some sources. It means that the source contains information about one or more people and that the source is not attached to them.
- On a person’s Sources tab, click Unfinished Attachments.
- Use the source linker to do one of the following:
- Attach the record to the other people whose records are already in Family Tree.
- Add the missing people to Family Tree.
- Important: Before you add a person who is or may be living to Family Tree from the record, be sure to indicate whether the person is living. This will keeps the person’s personal information private. The person’s record will remain in your private space until you add death information.
- Nothing. (Some records, like obituaries, mention people that are not closely related to the primary person on the record.)
- To dismiss the unfinished attachment notification, click Dismiss.
- Tip: If you dismiss the unfinished attachment notification, the notification is removed for all users. There is no way to go back and review the dismissed notification. However, you can review the attachments for all sources attached to a person in Family Tree. Simply click the source's title, and then click Review Attachments.
- If you do not want to see the unfinished attachments messages, click Options (which is located at the top of the Sources tab), and then click Unfinished Attachments. This option remains off until you turn it back on again.
Steps (mobile app)
Please use Family Tree on the website to see unfinished attachments. This feature is not yet available on the mobile app.
How do I add missing family members to Family Tree from record hints?
How do I attach the other people in a record hint in Family Tree?0
I am experiencing the same problem. It just started yesterday. There seems to be a bug in the program. Each person on the record is already attached to the source and each source is saying "Unfinished Attachments". "Dismiss" hides the underlying problem in the program.1
I'm finding exactly same problem.
All of a sudden virtually every attachment says "you have unfinished attachments".1
It's been fixed.0