Good morning all! I was wondering if there was a way to know how to view a person and find your relationship from both your mothers and fathers side.
For example I’m an 11th cousin of lady Diana, Princess of Wales on my fathers side but also distantly related on my mothers side. i know this because she was in my tree before as a 10th cousin of my mothers - Once I entered my fathers info, the relationship view reverts to viewing as of my fathers side only.
Welcome to the FamilySearch community. Thank you for the time you spend asking questions
Viewing your relationship would have to be done by individual on both mothers and fathers side.
How do I view my relationship to a person in Family Tree?
You can see how you are related to a person in Family Tree. Your relationship is displayed on chart that shows the direct relatives between you and the person. At the top of the chart, you can see your relationship, such as My Grandmother, or My First Cousin.
The chart can show up to 15 generations up and 15 generations down from the person you are viewing.
- Open the Person details page for an ancestor.
- Click View My Relationship on the right side of the name banner.
- To display each person's spouse in the chart, click Show Spouses. Click the same option again to remove spouses from the chart.
- To display a person on chart in Family Tree, click the person's name. Then click either Person or Tree.
- To zoom in or out, click + or -.
Thank you for the work you are doing in Family Tree and we wish you much success.0