Consolidate automated hint tools
* FamilySearch has the Records tab of Recommended Tasks
* Mobile App has the "Tasks" feature, with the option to either show close relations with hints, or hints for recently-viewed profiles.
* Campaigns has the "We may have found a new record of your relative" updates.
I'm a fan of automated tools to help find record hints that might interest me. I'm not a fan of the disjointed methods of approaching the exact same task. These disparate methods give a distinct, unpleasant smell of in-fighting and discord.
The Records on Recommended Tasks, and the Tasks feature on Mobile App both provide a good vehicle, tailored to the interface. But these are present, and available -- to each user as they have time. But why would these show completely different list of records? And why does the "new record" campaign even exist?
These tools provide a quick way for users to have a feeling of accomplishment -- of constantly working toward the goal of improving the tree. Users of the web interface should see a similar list to what the mobile app provides. And both lists should include the same records that seem to magically get found by the "new record" campaigns.
- Keep the recommended tasks (web) and tasks (mobile), but work together so these are just interface-oriented front-ends to the same resource pool.
- Ditch the new record campaign. Figure out how to incorporate these records into the automated hint search tool
- Allow for tuning of what the records show (mobile allows for either showing just relatives, or recently viewed profiles -- what about allowing the user to input a starting profile to build from in order to find related hints? Also allow the user to have some control over just how close of relation the tool should look for)
Effectively - stop the in-fighting and work together to make a better tool that piques the user's interest of records to attach. Use frequent updates to consistently bring more records to the user's list.