Pull Memories from Social Media Feed
Hoping to gain some traction with this idea or get noticed by someone at Family Search. I'm a local FH Coordinator, and just learned about the Memories app and added one. The process felt very much like adding a Facebook post to me, which got me thinking, why not build a tool for that?
Purpose: Convert social media posts into Memories
- Convince Facebook and all the others to allow you access
- Prompt user to log in to both and give access
- Select date range to review
- Look for posts the person made that have images (could also do text posts but how many people's text posts tell a fully developed story on Facebook?)
- Grab the image, the date of the post, who was tagged in it, and a description up to the character limit
- Ask the user to verify the information (what if you post a 10 year old picture? You'd need to revise the date. Also verify who is in the image, only allow them to tag people on their trees maybe?)
- Create a memory and attach it to all tagged people
Seems like a great way to get people to add memories while they're still alive, especially youth. Otherwise, 60 years from now there will have to be those people who download all the pictures from their grandpa's Facebook feed and upload them one by one and tons of "Memories" will get lost.