Broken links or withdrawn records?
I have just discovered the links to many of the parishes in the Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts collection at https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939X-DY6B-G?owc=M625-XM9:160239801?cc=1824688&wc=M625-KWT:160239801,160351501,160258002,160239804&cc=1824688 are not working.
At first, I thought this might relate to the fact that some parishes come under the jurisdiction of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk and others under the Archdeaconry of Norwich. However, this does not appear to be a factor and there seems no explainable reason why I can still view the records of some parishes and not others. It is doubtful individual vicars would have the control over the publishing / display of material that relates to a higher level in the Church of England hierarchy.
This could be a genuine fault (broken links) or another website or repository COULD have partially withdrawn FamilySearch's publication rights to material in this collection.
Can anyone suggest how I can get an answer to what really is causing lack of access to some of the parish records in this collection?
Please identify some of the specific parishes that are not working. I had a quick glance at a couple but they all came up ok. I'm sure that if you provided those examples you might get a better response.0
Thanks for your interest, Jeff. Yes, I should have provided examples. Try: Halvergate, Limpenhoe, Lingwood and Upton. I first noticed the broken link to Upton records yesterday, when I tried to access a baptism from a URL link in a Sources section of an ID.
If trying to access from the collection index page I get a "An error has occurred. Please try again later message." If I try to refresh the page I just get the last page / parish I was able to look at coming up on the screen.
Parishes I CAN access include Acle, Alburgh and Bradeston.0
Paul something is certainly scrambled here, and it is not always the same. Sometimes you select a parish and nothing comes up at all (white screen). Other times when you are selecting an image in the collection, if you do a refresh on the screen the path name of the parish might change even though the images do not. Other times the refresh will cause an entirely different set up images along with a different path name to come up. Sometimes the path of the parish just totally disappears altogether.
FS needs to look at these collections. The links are unstable.
Safari 12 on OS Sierra.0
Thank you for confirming a problem, Jeff. I was working in Firefox, Windows 10.
It will be interesting to see if an employee acknowledges attention will be given to this matter, as well as the issue I reported at https://community.familysearch.org/s/idea/0874V000000sjT2QAI/detail.
A further topic (posted here recently) questioned the involvement of FamilySearch employees on this forum, compared to their responses on the old GetSat one. I guess these will be "test cases", as something appears to have gone seriously wrong in both cases that needs the attention of the engineers.0