Tom Huber said: Welcome to the community support forum for FamilySearch. FamilySearch personnel read every discussion thread and may or may not respond as their time permits. We all share an active interest in using the resources of this site and as users, we have various levels of knowledge and experience and do our best to help each other with concerns, issues, and/or questions.
As far as I can remember, this problem has always been the case. We can share specific ordinances with the Temple system, but not with other members.
The entire system is being rewritten. if my memory is correct, I think we were told that we will eventually be able to share specific ordinances with others, rather than have to share everything that has been reserved.
I do not know if this is still in development or on hold due to the fact that all temples are temporarily closed due to the pandemic. See https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.... for updates and its impact on the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.0
Cindy Hecker said: One suggestion that has been offered in the past is to print the card for the ordinance and share that copy of the ordinance card with someone (such as baptisms for youth to do). You can also send these "cards" electronically as a pdf or word document if you have family in different states helping. That way you keep the original ordinances reserved on your temple list but others can help you do the ordinances.0
S. said: I wrote a post on how to do this if you only want to do certain ones, add all to share temple and un-share with the temple thoses you want to share with people then share the the people you want to . Just don't forget to un temple share the ones you want to do or it will be share with the temple.0
I just did this for youth baptisms from my Shared List. I opened up two windows of FS, so the List will stay intact. I copy the ID# & paste it on the other open window of FS to Find. With EACH person under their Ordinances, go to Share then
(1) Unshare with the Temple (make sure they are not printed yet, nor a picture of the Temple is there).
(2) Uncheck the ones you want to stay shared with the Temple, leaving B & C (for example) checked
(3) then click Unshare with the Temple
(4) these have all been transferred to your Reservations so at the end, when all done, the ones you want will be under My Reservations.
(5) Go to your Reservations List, on the right "Filter" select Not Printed, further down, click on all titles, except Bapt & Conf., for example. Notice that on the left are all the ones you selected.
(6) You simply check all the boxes by their names and at the top, select Send to Friends or Family, add the name of the person you are emailing the names to, add their email address. SEND, a confirmation appears
The only problem I ran into was the limit you could send at one time. It doesn't say, that I could find, and I sent too many in my batch and it did not send all. In the next batch I rechecked the boxes that didn't go and my daughter received some duplicates. (there is a picture of a sealed envelop next to the ones that were sent). If anyone knows the limit per batch, I'd like to know for future reference.
Long story, but pretty easy when you get "in the groove".0
I also agree with this post. Thanks0