I am having trouble accessing the French "Geneat " website to trace my French ancestors!.
I believe my ancestor Alphons Muhla born 1859 in Kestenholz , Bas - Rhin , France is on the site. This is frustrating as i wish to go back through his generations .. "Could anyone please track him down here , and send me the lineage to 1700s?". I appreciate any help and thank you all.
@LegacyUser Are you saying the problem is accessing the Geneat website and you have been able to access it before? The problem could be a build up of cookies.
Cookies are small pieces of code that FamilySearch and other websites store on your computer. Using cookies allows FamilySearch to customize your experience for you. You can often solve the problems like the following by deleting the cookies stored on your computer:
- Your computer does not respond quickly and efficiently execute your commands.
- Data on FamilySearch displays poorly or not at all.
- Go to https://familysearch.org/cookies.
- When the Reset your cookies? appears, click Yes.
- (Optional) Reset your cookie preferences, if you do not like the default choice. Instruction are listed in the related articles, below.
Note: This feature only removes FamilySearch cookies from your browser.
If that doesn't work try contacting the owners of the site itself:
For help using the partner account, please contact the partner. You may also be able to get help at a family history center or from your family history consultant .0
There is a member with that person in her tree. As usual, I recommend verifying the information with the Bas-Rhin departmental archives.0