Hello. I accidently added a wife and husband as the same wife and husband's parents. Deleting them
If there is a relationship such as parent child, you need to removed that relationship and they it should allow you to merge the person.0
Here is a way to do that. Let us know if it isn't what you need.
Correcting child-parent relationships usually requires some analysis before diving in. There are two basic problems: duplicate records or incorrect relationship links.
Solving this type of problem can feel intimidating, but rest assured the removal or replacement of a relationship can be undone through the Latest Changes feature. Find a link to these instructions in the Related Articles list at the end of this article.
When you remove a child's record from a family's records, the child's record stays in Family Tree. If the child is linked to spouses and children, he or she remains linked to them.
Before you start
Take some time to figure out what is wrong:
- If the child shouldn't be in the family, remove or replace the child's link to the parents. Use the instructions in this article to do so.
- If the children are right but one or both parents is wrong, you need to remove or replace the incorrect parent. Do this by removing or replacing the spouse of the correct parent. Find a link to the instructions for removing or replacing spouses in the Related Articles list at the end of this article.
- If the same parents and children are listed in the family multiple times, or if the same people are shown as multiple families, look at the ID numbers of the duplicates.
- If the ID numbers are different, merge the duplicate records. Find a link to these instructions in the Related Articles list at the end of this article.
- If the ID numbers are identical, the child is linked to one of the parents more than once. Use the instructions in this article to remove the extra relationship.
Tip: Write down the names and ID numbers of the people whose relationships you are changing. This will allow you to quickly undo a change.
Please let us know if this was helpful. AnitraW0
Thanks for replying. I think I fixed it.0
Very helpful! Thanks!0