My Family Tree observations
1)A sister was able to pull names using Ordinances Ready and they were able to print and perform the endowment and the prerequisite ordinances are not completed. She is a temple worker so she checked later and then became concerned because it is not working as it should. https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/helpcenter/article/correct-order-of-temple-ordinances says FamilySearch Family Tree website enforces the correct order of individual ordinances: baptism, confirmation, initiatory, and endowment so how were they able to reserve the shared ordinances and then only print the endowment. They said the card printed with the other ordinances xxxx out so they didn't see it until later and the temple was not aware of the problem. Is this an issue? This happened June 30, 2023. I know they become effective only after the prerequisite ordinances are completed. It is the system that might have an issue.
2)In the burial field, it would be helpful to have a dropdown with the option of saying Cremation there, not added somewhere else because that is where people look. Also Body Donated to Science could be added.
3) McDonald, McDonell, and McDougald are not the same. They get the hints, the record matches, the possible merges a lot and they are not the same. It happens so often that I spend hours fixing errors because people don't notice that there are differences in the names and end up merging McDougalds with McDonalds by accident. I also spend a lot of time dismissing incorrect hints because of this.
4) We need a Data Problem in Research Help for children born within 9 months of each other. PAF had that and Family Tree does not. If we had that error pop up it would show people that they have just merged two families that could not be the same because of the children being born too close together. I see a lot of errors in the system and people needing help separating families that have this issue. Perhaps if the original merger or person adding individuals saw the error, they could fix it while they were at it and familiar with the family.
5) I love the change in the Latest Changes where they added a Filter and you can filter for merges, etc. Well done!
6) I also love the change of the tiny couple icon in the tree view to signify more than one marriage, very clean and nice on the new pedigree.
7) The process to submit names for "a friend" or unrelated person is so labor intensive. I'm not sure why it is so cumbersome.
8) Twice I have seen a male needing ordinances not be able to be reserved because the wife is born within the last 110 years. We aren't trying to reserve her ordinances, just his. But because the SS is needing permission it doesn't let us reserve the ordinance. We have worked around it by deleting the spouse, making the reservation, and then undoing the deletion of the spouse.