Hello FS Team
Thanks for looking into these issues for me:
1) Just made a beautiful long post to request help researching an ancestor and it literally disappeared. It was titled “Family Beard (Catholics, South Africa 1900s)”. No explanation, no warning, not put into drafts for editing. Just gone.
I tried posting something else, as a test, that was not removed: https://community.familysearch.org/en/discussion/147156/my-discussion-disappeared#latest
2) Several source-linking problems that could be rectified or improved:
- “OTHER” tab, residences don’t attach or record properly in some cases
- “FAMILY” tab, marriages are not always recorded as events or tagged with sources
- “VITALS” sections have reason boxes that are not updated with each new source
3) Occupations are often they only distinguishing factor between families of identical origins and names. This should be included under “Vitals” (not “Other”) and should definitely become part of the indexing process.
4) Blue “Discussions”, “Bookmarks” etc links are redundant and either don’t show any information or the wrong information:
I imagine more detail is needed to explain the above suggestions which I am happy to provide on reply, to avoid extra long post and especially since this might get deleted somehow without warning! :(