Problem importing GEDCOM tree
I started doing my fmaily tree a few years ago in another website (Geni) and since then I have added over 1,700 names to it. But Geni is somewhat old. The tree is getting too big and crashing, so I decided to try to move it elsewhere. I exported a GEDCOM file of my tree and imported to two places, here and MyHeritage.
The import for MyHeritage seems to have run OK (Geni and MyHeritage are affiliated anyways), but the import here went downhill. Many people had their surnames deleted - and I don't know which other information might have been lost (there wasn't much else either, mostly dates and places of birth and death). Add my inexperience to this and when I tried to match profiles, I apparently deleted old stuff that was even more complete than my own records... I fear I have made a real mess. I was contacted by a distant relative complaining one person in her tree had documents deleted, name changed etc.
I also used an existing tree here to manually feed my Geni tree before I gave up because there were just too many people and when I used the match function in an attempt to link the trees, I fear I might have deleted important and more complete profiles, as well as branches that I had not yet completed. I need help to fix this or, better yet, to undo everything I did yesterday... I don't want to receive more upset messages. This big tree seems to have been constructed by joint attempts of different projects and it was not my intention to modify anything.
I've sent an email to the support, but I haven't received any answer yet.
Thanks a lot