Family Groups for WARD/STAKE
I would like to create an easy way to share temple names between a ward or stake family. When the youth do baptisms it would be so great if they could go to the Ward Family Group and print their own baptism ordinance cards.
Currently the Family Group maximum is 100 people. Could we have a way to increase that number?
Thank you for listening!
Youth can easily reserve and print their own ordinance cards by using Ordinances Ready. Ordinances Ready also will pull ordinances shared to the temple file by ward and stake members. Please see this Help Center article for complete details - I've shared just the order below:
Where does Ordinances Ready get names?
- Your family names list (or "temple list" or "reservation list").
- Family names that you shared with a family group.
- Family names that have been shared with a family group that you belong to.
- Your family names that you shared with the temple.
- Names of people who are related to you that have been shared with the temple by someone else.
- "Green temples" from your tree.
- Your ward.
- Your stake.
- Names not related to you that have been shared with the temple.
Family Groups are best for immediate families where those in the family group are all related and are working on ordinances for those to whom they are related. Names shared to a family group are not available to be completed by anyone else. Ordinances shared to the temple list are accessible by users all over the world who are related to those people. Temples also work on completing those ordinances.2
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I created a Ward Family Group shortly after additional groups were permitted and got the official green light from my Bishop. Others in our Stake have done likewise with their wards. All of us have small smatterings of success. Ordinance Ready appears to be the main focus now, but a Ward Family Group does turn those participating into extended family.0