I’ve started indexing Waterford records, not the easiest and I hope I’m doing it correctly, when our indexing is reviewed is any feedback provided to us? Would we be advised if we were doing something wrong. I would like to know how I’m getting on and if I’m making any mistakes in the way I interpret the project instructions, I’d hate to be making the same mistake over and over, much rather it be pointed out to me to avoid repetition. I’ve never had any feedback on any of my work and been indexing on and off for a couple of years and often wonder if I’m doing a good job or not.
These records are difficult and it is appreciated that you take the time to do them. There is no feedback provided to the indexer. The review process gives a second volunteer an opportunity to make sure a batch has been indexed accurately. If more than 20 percent of a batch is corrected in the review process, the information submitted by the reviewer goes through another review. Every 20th batch goes through the indexing and review process again to ensure accuracy. You might find these articles helpful:1
Melissa S Himes ✭✭✭✭✭
You can always share a batch here or private message someone with a batch code to get verification BEFORE you submit the batch. "Two heads are better than one" works mosts of the time.
How do I share an indexing batch with someone?
Article Id: 1582
September 16, 2022
When you need help with a batch, you can share it with another indexer. This person can then see details of the batch and give you the help you need, but any information the helper enters into the data entry area will not be saved.
Note: The add and delete icons will not work when the helper is viewing the shared batch.
- Just above the toolbar, click Help.
- On the drop-down menu, click Share Batch.
- The Share Batch window opens, giving you two options:
- Copy the batch link, and paste it in an email to the helper or post it on the Share Batch, Etc. page on Facebook. The helper can click the link and go directly to the batch.
- Share the batch code so the helper can enter it in the indexing tool and open the batch.
- A second way to find the batch code is by clicking Batch, then About Batch. The Batch ID is the same as the code.
The Share Batch link or code is not related to the film or image number. Instead, it is a unique number assigned to the batch for the sole purpose of sharing the batch.
You can also email FamilySearch Support at [email protected]3