Joel/JJ and Joseph McGee are like Clark Kent and Superman, never at the same place at the same time.
Joel Johnson McGee 1884–1940 G72T-PRH https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/G72T-PRH
Joseph McGee 1884–Deceased GVSD-WJ9 https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/GVSD-WJ9
JJ - I'll use this for instances of Joel, Joel Johnson and JJ
Jos - I'll use for instances of Joseph
- For every record like census, marriage, children, death, etc., there is only one source.
- They were both born in 1884.
- JJ's parents in the census are WT and Laura A. On Find a Grave, they are William Thomas McGee and Amanda Laura Hudson McGee.
- Jos' parents on his marriage record are Wm. and Amanda.
- Mom uses Amanda, Laura, Laura A and Mandie throughout her sources.
- They both married the same woman, Etta Mae Coon.
- Only JJ appears on the childhood census. The only other son is 3 years old and has a life of his own.
- There are 6 kids and they list different names on sources.
1909 - Jos marries Etta.
1910 - I can't find a census for JJ or Jos.
1912 #1 - JJ for marriage and Joseph for death
1913 #2 - Joseph for birth, JJ for marriage and Joseph for death.
1916 #3 - Joseph for birth, JJ for marriage and Joseph for death
1917 - JJ puts Etta on his draft registration.
#4 - JJ for birth
#5 - Joseph for marriage
#6 - JJ for marriage
Here's the only census from their childhood(s).
Are they the same man????????????