Error on 1939 Census
On the 1939 census the Lippitt family #59 Church Eaton, it lists a father George W., a mother, Edith A. and then a child.
This is where the error happens:
- on the 1939 family search record on FamilySearch the transcription lists Ronald E. Shilton (Lippitt) as a child in the family
- but when you go to Find My Past to look at the transcription it still lists Ronald E. Shilton as the child but on the original image, the name written isn't Ronald E. Shilton (M). it is written Catherine M. (F).
- What is cool - Catherine married Ronald Shilton 1 Nov 1947, Church Eaton. Ronald's name is not on the census at all. How did that name get put on there?
- I messaged Find my past to let them know of the error.
- Will Find My Past update Family Search of the error?
"England and Wales National Register, 1939," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:757N-C3W2 : 16 April 2019), Ronald E Shilton (Lippitt) in entry for George W Lippitt, 29 Sep 1939; from "General Register Office: National Registration: 1939 Register," database, FindMyPast (https://www.findmypast.com : 2017); citing Census, Stafford, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom, RG 101, The National Archives, Kew, England; FHL microfilm .
Find my past