Images for the Iowa 1950 Census are not available
edited November 22, 2022 in Search
The images for the 1950 Census in Iowa are not available, the indexing appears correct. There are a few images listed but normally they center around the word Washington (either state or DC) and have been incorrectly indexed to an Iowa location.
@johnbaker14 There is more than one way to get to the 1950 Census records on FamilySearch. You did not give us any details as to how you were searching. Here is a way I successfully pulled up images of the 1950 US Census for the state of Iowa.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- Click Search and then Records.
- In the Find a Collection area, find the search box and enter 1950 Census. Below the search box, click United States 1950 Census.
- Below the yellow field, click Iowa to the right of the map of the United States. This will automatically filter your search results to Iowa.
- Enter your search terms: name, year, maybe a city or county in Iowa. Click Search.
- All of the results should be for the state of Iowa. Click a camera icon to open the images. All the ones I tried opened.
If you run into a snag, let us know. The more details you provide as to how you are searching, the better chance we have to give you the help you need.0