Need access to mother's account
My brother, sister, mother and I have been working for months on her personal history. We have been dictating directly into Family Search Memories. Exactly 1 month ago she died. Now her account is locked and we can't get to all our work. We need to have the account temporarily unlocked so we can recover her history. Here are the details:
- There are about 12 chapters and 4 of the 12 show up on our individual trees. These appear to have been marked public. Apparently the others were not.
- When attempting to login with her credentials we get the following: "Your account has been locked temporarily by the administrator. Please try again later."
- In the help center it says, "Surviving family members cannot inherit or gain access to a disabled account. This includes messages and memories." This puts us in a real bind since we don't have any local copies. We were relying on Family Search to be move secure than our local storage.
It's clear that the policy puts all our work in danger. We have been working with 1st level support and haven't made progress. We don't know to process for elevating an issue. It seems like we need someone in authority to grant an exception to the policy.
Two options could work for us.
- Grant us access to my mothers account.
- Mark all the memories in the account as public.