Need access to mother's account
My brother, sister, mother and I have been working for months on her personal history. We have been dictating directly into Family Search Memories. Exactly 1 month ago she died. Now her account is locked and we can't get to all our work. We need to have the account temporarily unlocked so we can recover her history. Here are the details:
- There are about 12 chapters and 4 of the 12 show up on our individual trees. These appear to have been marked public. Apparently the others were not.
- When attempting to login with her credentials we get the following: "Your account has been locked temporarily by the administrator. Please try again later."
- In the help center it says, "Surviving family members cannot inherit or gain access to a disabled account. This includes messages and memories." This puts us in a real bind since we don't have any local copies. We were relying on Family Search to be move secure than our local storage.
It's clear that the policy puts all our work in danger. We have been working with 1st level support and haven't made progress. We don't know to process for elevating an issue. It seems like we need someone in authority to grant an exception to the policy.
Two options could work for us.
- Grant us access to my mothers account.
- Mark all the memories in the account as public.
After the contributor’s account is locked, the memories remain accessible in these ways:
- They can be seen in Family Tree if the contributor tagged them to people in Family Tree.
- They can be found through search engines and the Memories search feature if the contributor added titles, descriptions, topic tags, and other searchable text.
- They can be found if the contributor put them into an album and shared a link to the album.
- They can be accessed through a direct URL.
The memories may be unfindable if they were not tagged or do not have text that can help them be found through search.
This is an excerpt from the help article:0
I should have said that I think I have already tried everything a user can do. Including:
- Looking in her person page in the family tree - that is where we found 4 of the 12 chapters that were marked public. My guess is that the other 8 chapters were not marked public so they didn't show up in the tree.
- Using the find feature with unique words - returned lots of unrelated results.
- The memories were not in an album so there is nothing to search for there.
Although I appreciate the above suggestions, they didn't get me any farther along. They did confirm that I have done all I can do and that I need admin support.0
@alandeansprague1 I will send you a private message regarding the above issue.0