the new person page design feedback
The design is nice and soft. I have some suggestions.
- It feels funny that individual person's name and id are centered in the box, but text is left aligned. Then the interface under it is center aligned to the box above it, but text is left aligned. All this leaves odd space on the sides.
- All the interface is on the left side, but pop up interface is on the right side, which forces me to move by hand/mouse over to right. Typing area is on the left side, but buttons are on the right side. It is unnecessary extra move. It worked well in the old design.
- Grouping the family with a stroke box is an ok idea. However, the separation between parents and children is not obvious. It seems the parent information, marriage information, and children list all run together. It takes me a while to separate and recognize different kind of information.
- The children box is slightly off to right under the parents box, but it is too insignificant to function as it should, giving a visual break. The old design gave a better visual break.
- The color coding on the Ordinances: I think there should be a third color to indicate when the requesting ordinance process is not complete yet. It used to go from green as request, yellow as incomplete request, and blue as complete request. Now blue is shared by incomplete and complete. Sometimes I walk away from Family Search and do something else and come back before completing the process. It will be easier to know where I have left off if there is a third color to warn the process is not complete.
This discussion has been closed.