Apparently wrong microfilm published
I believe I've found an error on https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/326931. According to the description items 3 and 4 (Eine andere Verfilmung, Ein anderer Abschrift) cover different periods, the microfilms however are one and the same as far as I can tell. Is this something that can be fixed?
P.S.: It should read "Eine andere Abschrift" rather than "Ein anderer Abschrift", if you pardon my nitpicking 😉
Thank for the information about the correct terminology. It doesn't always come across the same in translation.
As for the record, if you look at the Film number you will see that the Eine Andere Verfilmung one is items 3, 4 & 5 on that film number while the Ein anderer Abschrift one is Item 8 on that same film.
So, Yes. It is the same film, but if you scroll through you will see different boards that show the separation between items in the film.
Hope this helps you find the records you need for your research!0
Julia Szent-Györgyi ✭✭✭✭✭
Elaborating a bit on AnneLoForteWilson's post (since the images aren't showing): the starting bookmark for part 3, marking the beginning of the "other filming", is on image 99 of 993 of film/image group 8108267. The ending bookmark for part 5, marking the end of the "other filming", is on image 231 of 993.
The starting bookmark for part 8, marking the beginning of the "other copy" (which is rather damaged and highly incomplete) is on image 972 of 993. The item extends to the end of the film, with the ending bookmark for the item on image 992 and the "end of roll" bookmark on image 993.1
Thanks a lot Anne and Julia, this has been very helpful! I eventually found all the records I've been looking for.0