Marvin John Wright 1927 – 1978 • GXN1-6R6 is listed as deceased , But he is living.
Marvin John Wright 1927 – 1978 • GXN1-6R6
Marv is my Stepfather and is marked deceased. He is living. He lives near me. I have also tried contacting the person who marked him deceased and she also has not been able to fix this error. I have tried editing this and putting in reason. How do I get this fixed?
Carla Tobler mod
Thank you for posting your question in the Community regarding your stepfather's record marked as deceased.
We have a process to correct this issue. We are adding a link to an article from our Help Center titled: How do I Change the Status from Deceased to Living in Family Tree?
Here are the steps you should take if you are not the only contributor to the record:
- Navigate to the person page of the individual who is living.
- Click Details
- In the Vitals section, next to the listed death date, select Edit.
- In the box that appears, click the circle labeled Living
- Enter how you know the person is still alive.
- Click Save
- Enter an explanation for the system administrator to review your request. Please provide this information:
- Your relationship to the individual needing attention
- How you know that the person is alive
- If possible, the living person's current physical address
- Click Submit.
A request now goes to FamilySearch Support. A system administrator reviews your request and takes appropriate actions.
We believe this will help you solve this deceased to living issue.