How do I ask if anyone has a photo of my mother?
I grew up in foster care and don't have any photos of my blood family. I was wondering if anyone would have any? My mother was Anastacia Harriett Touche and she was born 1935 or 36 in Chamberlain South Dakota. She was full blood Crow Creek Sioux and her mother was Emma Yellowback. One of her siblings was Joe Touche and my birth name is Gayle Hopkins. If anyone has any pictures of Anastacia or any family members, I would appreciate it if you would message me and we can exchange information. Thank you!
Gayle, here are just a few ideas to help you further your search for a picture based on this record:
Anastacia Touche LK5N-18C
- In Research Help, a Possible Duplicate is on the list. We would suggest clicking on Anastacia Touche GHVX-72M, which was created in 2021. This was added by KatherineReyes18. She has added no sources to the record she created, but there must be a reason she added your mother (and parents). If you click on her name in a blue hyperlink, you can send her a message and she also has listed her phone number.
- After studying the two Anastacia Touche's, you could merge them so there is only one. Her parents have also been duplicated and would need careful merging.
- Once the records are merged and corrected, it would be a good time to go back to Research Help and then check the source hints being suggested, and if they belong to your mother add them as sources.
- Another way to search for a picture can be found under the Collaborate feature in Anastacia's record. Click on it and add a message in Discussions that you are looking for a picture of her. We would also suggest attaching the same picture request in her parent's records in case a family member visits there.
- Last we would suggest clicking on Search Records, and selecting FamilySearch, there is a marriage record that might be hers, and also there is a 1950 Census record that might belong to her. The more sources you attach, the more possibilities may open up.
We hope this information helps you locate a picture of your mother. Thank you for contacting FamilySearch Community.
You may be able to get some information from the following Wiki page:
Or search for a specific tribe , as you seem to have the linage as a start.