Every time I go to attach a source record to a person it won't let me do it. It starts the process but then says "Page Not Found" even though I had the page open. Is anyone else having this problem?
I am just another 'lowly' User/Patron ...
Just in passing ...
[ 1 ]
IF, you have not already; THEN ...
An "Oldie"; but, STILL, often, a "Goodie" ...
Have you to tried, 'Clearing', the 'Cookies'; &, the 'Cache', of your 'Browser' (&, even, 'Browsing History'), lately?
It does not always work; but, more often than not it does ...
[ 2 ]
What, "Browser"; and, "Operating System", are you using?
And, are the, "Browser"; and, "Operating System", that you are using,
▬ FULLY "Supported", by 'FamilySearch'?; and/or,
[ ie. With the LATEST (or, in the least, the PREVIOUS ] "Versions" of each ... ]
I principally use, the "Browser" of 'Google' "Chrome"; but, also, the "Browsers" of, (Often) 'Mozilla' "FireFox"; and, (Sometimes) 'Microsoft' "Edge", all with the "Operating System", of "Windows 10"; and, all with the LATEST "Versions" of each.
IF, your, "Browser"; and, "Operating System", are NOT using the LATEST (or, in the least, the PREVIOUS ] "Versions", of each; plus, if your "Browser", is NOT fully supported, by 'FamilySearch'; THEN, you may (or, I suggest, WILL) have problems/issues, using 'FamilySearch'.
Just my thoughts.
I hope, that this may help/assist, somewhat.
Here are some "Knowledge Articles", in 'FamilySearch':
I hope, that these may also help/assist, somewhat.
@Brett . Cookies cleared, browser up to date. Everything works until I go to attach a record using the blue button. This a recent challenge.
@Brett . I just changed browser and it worked. Strange since I checked to see what was supported and made sure it was up to date. Thanks for your help
@Haux, did you clear your FS-related cache as well as the cookies? Depending on your browser, it may be called something like "history" or "saved pages". For some reason, FamilySearch is particularly prone to error propagation caused by "helpful" browsers: a momentary glitch causes an error, and then your browser keeps serving up that error instead of loading a new version of the page.
@Julia Szent-Györgyi I think I figured out how to do that today. Now I need to wait and see if things get better.
It didn't get better
I was trying to add a census yesterday and while the search results proved the record was there, when I clicked on it, only a blank screen resulted. I refreshed it, I refreshed the search results themselves, and clicking on the record did change to a "something went wrong" page. So I entered the Ancestry link to the census instead and continued using Ancestry after that. I use what works.
And I am not using old equipment. I have a laptop less than a year old with current version of Chrome and Windows 11.
I have had that problem some as well.