It's hard to find FAQ. In fact it's hard to find this community. Please make both available on the page the person is reviewing. I had questions after I got started and had to open several different windows to find help.
I'm glad you found them! You are right, they are a little hard to find. I will ask if there is anything that can make them more prominent. Sam
Thank you! Also, the map and dropdown menu confused me. There are states with work remaining but nothing is available. Finding a state I could work on took a lot of clicks!
A faster option is to skip the map and go to the bottom of the page, it shows the Review options available to work on..
For Review Names, if it's yellow, click the Get Started button and it will show a drop-down list of the States available. If Get Started is gray, nothing is currently available to work on.
NOTE: If all of the Get Started buttons are gray, it doesn't mean all of the reviewing is complete. As we've seen in the last week, the system is unavailable at times, so check back later to see if it is back, and in this posting area for updates.
@Hapetty Ya, the map took me a bit to understand too. Let me see if I can explain it. Because there are the 3 activities (Name, Family & Header review) what you see is divided between those 3 activities. So for example if you look at Utah it shows 33% but nothing to do. The Name review is complete which is why it's at 33% but the other 2 activities aren't ready to be done yet. They are the other 67%. Does that make sense? Not sure I explained it well 🙄
Oregon is at 32%; Utah and New Mexico are at 33%; Arizona and Idaho are at 34%. Name Review is complete for those 5 states. Why aren't they all "33%"?
Signed, mother of math professor
@Dellory Matthews I'm not completely sure. It's likely rounding or something.
Part of the point of my question is that these things are hard to understand.
I've used familysearch.org since the very beginning. If I can't find things, I know there are others who can't also. Jumping right to "Get Started" gives the idea that there are no rules.
Is it possible to just search only the 1950 census community? Reading answers from questions 2 years ago isn't helpful.