My website seems to have updated or something, and I cannot search book texts the same
I used to have a search bar on the left side of books, but it seems to a) not display properly on google chrome, because there are no navigation buttons other than the left , right, or page numbers, and b) the box where I used to be able to enter terms to search within the book is gone. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Interesting. Did you download the file prior to this week? The screenshot you included does not include the URL of the 'file' you are accessing. Thus I cannot determine if the file is locally on your computer or if you are accessing it from the website. I could not reproduce your screen by accessing the same book at the FamilySearch Digital Library: https://www.familysearch.org/library/books/viewer/104778
Here is the screen I see (which has the magnifying glass/search options:
If you are accessing it on the website - which seems to be the case - I would try clearing your cookies/cache and try again: https://www.familysearch.org/cookies
Then close/reopen your Chrome browser to see if that helps. If that doesn't help then I would suspect you have something blocking your computer from receiving the new familysearch digital library book interface.0