My Great Aunt, Christy Ann Sutherland [K4GD-SRQ] is sealed to the wrong person, Hugh McLean.
Christy Ann Sutherland was born 1 May 1848, Rear of Points, Richmond, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada. According to the 1900 Census, Massachusetts, Essex, Gloucester, she immigrated to the United States in 1870. Her parents were, David Sutherland and Nancy Stewart.
She married, Frederick T. Lane, a fisherman on the 27th of October 1878 in Gloucester, MA. She reports that she had no children on the 1900 Census of Gloucester and 1910 Census of Rockport, MA.
She died, 18 February 1919 in Rockport, Essex, Massachusetts, wife of Capt'n Frederick T. Lane. She is buried at Locust Grove Cemetery, Gloucester, MA (see obit. "Memories", Stories.
How can I seperate "My" Christy Ann Sutherland from the Christy Ann Sutherland who married Hugh McLean?
How I would fix this, leaving the sealing intact:
- From Christy Ann Sutherland K4GD-SRQ detach Frederick T. Lane MFPQ-441 and all sources that relate to him and your great aunt; also delete all residences that relate to your great aunt.
- Go to Frederick T. Lane and in his source list finish all the unfinished attachments. In the process this will make a new profile for his wife, your great aunt.
- Work all hints for Frederick T. Lane and/or your great aunt.
- Remove from K4GD-SRQ the memories that you added, and attach them to the new profile for your great aunt.
- On both K4GD-SRQ and the new profile you created leave a Note that clarifies how the two women with similar names are different women.
I would not restore the profile 9KHD-HPJ that was merged into K4GD-SRQ back in September; that profile apparently was not your great aunt.0
@Nbuss did my comment help?0