Why does my home page refuse to open? I deleted cookies to see if that helps--Did not.
For a very long while now it is hit and mostly miss for my home page to open. I have a lot of tasks to do, but can't get to them most of the time. I have used the bookmark for the page to see if that will always open it, but it doesn't. Help. I've got things to do on Family Search.
I liked reading the comments/questions in my e-mail. Sometimes, questions were asked that answered questions I have.0
Thank you for posting in the Community about accessing your home page. Have you tried to delete files and cookies, to see if that will allow the program to work more efficiently?
Over time, a large cache of temporary files and cookies accumulates and can cause problems when you use the FamilySearch website.
- Your computer automatically creates a temporary file every time you open a web page. The browser saves these temporary files so that it can return to them quickly.
- Cookies are small pieces of code that FamilySearch and other websites store on your computer. Cookies allow FamilySearch to customize your experience for you. For more information about FamilySearch cookies, go to the bottom of the FamilySearch home page, and click Cookie Preferences.
Clear your cache or cookie in these circumstances:
- Your computer does not respond quickly and efficiently.
- Data on FamilySearch displays poorly or not at all.
If you clear all cookies, it can affect your access to other websites. Try these steps first:
- Make sure you use a supported Internet browser.
- Delete just the cookies that FamilySearch uses.
- Go to https://FamilySearch.org/cookies.
- When the message Reset your cookies? appears, click Yes.
- If the problems still occur, clear all of your temporary files and cookies. Then restart your computer. Please search the web for instructions for your specific browser.
- If you still have problems, delete your autocomplete history. Search the web for instructions for your specific browser.
- (Optional) Reset your cookie preferences on FamilySearch.
Steps (mobile apps)
If you access the FamilySearch.org website on a mobile device through a browser, you can delete the browser's cookies.
How are you trying to access your home page; from the sign-in page, or by clicking the green FamilySearch logo top left on the details page? Have you tried to refresh the page (F5) at the top of the keyboard?
Hello @janie ruthie
If deleting temporary files and cache, as well as FamilySearch cookies, does not help you with loading your home page, you may need to switch browsers. You should also make sure that your operating system and browser are the most current version.
The website supports the current Windows and Mac operating system (OS) versions and one version back. Please note that the Mac OS does not allow you to update the Safari browser independent from the Mac OS. You must update the Mac OS to have the latest Safari browser version. If you are unable to update your Mac OS, we recommend you download and install one of the other supported browsers.
Here is a link to the full article that discusses internet browsers and operating systems:0