I have found an incorrect entry for an individual. David Young Kendall, KCB2-MHG is incorrectly listed as the husband of Lucy Kemp LCRQ-29R.
There appears to be same name confusion, as 2 of the sons of David Kendall LCRQ-KTK and Lucy Kemp are also attached to David Young Kendall KCB2-MHG.
If you are confident of the facts, it is relatively simple to detach the incorrect father from the family unit.0
Hello @Judith Wilson_7,
Here are the instructions for detaching a spouse if the relationship is incorrect:
- While signed in to FamilySearch.org, navigate to the Person page of Lucy Kemp 1816–1910 • LCRQ-29R
- If you do not see Vitals near the top of the page, click the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the Family Members section at the bottom.
- Under Spouses and Children, you can view the different relationships.
- In the box showing the incorrect couple relationship, click the Edit icon (small pencil).
- Click Remove or Replace next to the incorrect spouse.
- Click the check box on the Remove or Replace screen to verify that you reviewed the relationships, sources, and notes.
- Click Remove Person. Explain why, and then click Remove.
Here are the instructions from the Help Center which also include mobile devices:
Note: When you remove or replace an incorrect spouse, the parent-child relationship also changes for any children showing for the couple. If a child is linked to an incorrect parent, the incorrect spouse may continue to show in the relationship. Remove the parent-child relationship with the incorrect spouse to resolve the issue.