After giving the new changes to Family Search an extended chance; I am still finding it extremely cumbersome to use. I spend about 3-4 hours a day doing research, and am a ward Family History Consultant. I have never until now had someone take one look and give up. Many people are just giving up and don't know how to contact you to tell you this just isn't working.
- The information on the person you are searching for is not always at the top of the page, you have to scroll back up to find this information.
- People read from left to right, the information for choosing births, marriages, deaths etc. needs to return to the left side of the page in the location that it was found in before.
- It no longer turns up the best possibilities first, I realize that didn't always happen before, but it is not nearly as accurate now.
- Too much information now needs to be added to the right side of the page and you have to scroll too much to get it all in and then you can't see what you have requested without scrolling again. In fact, THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH SCROLLING!
- The old version was very concise, you could see immediately on the left of the page what information was guiding the search, location, dates etc. and you could change them if necessary. Now it is all in a jumble on the right side of the page.
- Collections used to be so simple - choose a census and which one you wanted and bingo it is more complicated now.
- I spent almost 30 years teaching high school and I know from experience, if the instructions were not extremely simple, the students would give up. I avoid Family Search at all costs now. It is even too complicated for me.
- I haven't spoken to anyone who likes the changes, in fact they very, very much DON'T like these changes. I don't think this version can be tweaked, could you please admit that this was not a good change; return to the old format and work with making improvements to it instead of this whole new mess?