I accidentally dismissed the new discovery page for an anxestor and now it is hidden on all of them
How do I restore this feature to all of my ancestors? It is hidden for all of them. A red dot is all I see next to their names.
To turn on the Discovery page, click on your name where it shows in the top right corner, telling you that you are signed in. From the dropdown that appears, choose Settings, then choose the middle option: Notifications and turn Discoveries about my Ancestors back on again
Hope this helps!0
I was unable to find any specific instructions for reinstating the Discovery Page, but I tried it on my own account and this is how it worked for me.
- I dismissed the Discovery Page in the upper right corner of the Person Page. I am assuming this is what you did also.
- Then I went to ancestors.familysearch.org/ and typed the Person ID after the slash. For me, I used KL87-RYJ so it looked like this in the address bar of my browser: ancestors.familysearch.org/KL87-RYJ
- This took me to the Discovery Page
- Next, I signed out of my account completely and signed back in.
- After that, the link to the Discovery Page was again at the top of the Person Page.
I hope this was helpful to you.
Gordon Collett ✭✭✭✭✭
Don't worry. I've dismissed this banner:
dozens of times an it keeps coming back all by itself. It's apparently really hard to get rid of permanently. I don't like losing the space it takes up, so I keep trying. It may come back if you just sign out then sign in again or it may take a day or two. But I'm pretty sure it will be back!
This banner is simply an easy link to the Ancestor pages. You can get to all of them by going here: https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/ and working through the search system or the browse system.
Or, if you are in Family Tree and quickly want to see if an ancestor has one of these pages, just take the Ancestors' link and add the person's ID number to the end of it like this: https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/KNDX-MKG and you will jump right to it.0