South America Ancestory search help
My wife and I just cant find her ancestors very well. Please someone help us we are a bit rookies at this
If you have recent ancestors in the Tree that you need specific help with - please post their person ID (PID). You can find this ID next to the person's name near the top on their 'person page/details' view. Generally though research is a process of gathering knowledge about what records are available for the timeframe/localities your ancestor lived and then searching those records for your ancestor.
Good luck and enjoy the journey!1
Perhaps you'll find help by scheduling a free consultation: https://www.familysearch.org/family-history-library/virtual-genealogy-consultation-faqs1
Thank you for posting in the Community. Besides the consultation suggested above, here are some other possible research helps:
If you're struggling with your genealogy research, FamilySearch offers several options for getting help.
- The Search tab on FamilySearch allows you to search records, genealogies, books, and more.
- The FamilySearch Research Wiki is a great place to learn research techniques and discover new resources. It can start you search in the correct area of the world.
- Family History Library Online Consultations are free, 20-minute consultations with a specialist from the Family History Library.
- If you want online tutorials and videos, visit the FamilySearch Help Center for the country, language, or topic. You can find lessons for everyone from beginner to advanced researcher.
- FamilySearch community groups give you access to research experts who are willing and ready to offer free assistance and share resources. You can find these groups on Facebook and in the FamilySearch Community.
- We often publish articles about research and many other family history topics on our blog.
- You can find local, in-person help at a family history center. They are located worldwide, and you may find one near you.
- If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, visit the FamilySearch Help Center to see who your local temple and family history consultants are.
Many other organizations also offer help. Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness (RAOGK), for example, is a global volunteer organization where you can make requests for help with research tasks.
Where can I get help using FamilySearch?
How do I search the FamilySearch Research Wiki?
Can I hire a genealogist through FamilySearch?
How do I attach a historical record to a person in Family Tree?
I agree with all who have posted. I am attaching information on the best tips and practice to find ancestors in historical records.
Also when you are on your FamilySearch home page, click under family tree and open overview. It includes some very good information for beginners.
Another great option is past information on RootsTech. They have videos that could really help you since you are beginners.
Also the people at your local Family History Center would also be a great help.0
Thank you all very much!0