How to find a previous page in the military record of years1916-1939?
I am indexing the batch "United States—Enlisted and Officer Muster Rolls and Rosters, 1916–1939 [Part L][M3XG-SF6]" that is the second page of the record and does not have information about month and year of the military service. I hope the needed information may be written on the previous page, but I do not remember how to get it...
If it is not possible, should I put "BLANK" in the fields of the month and year?
Help me, please, to finish the batch.
To see previous or following images you can do the following :
1. In the top corner of the image window, in the vertical toolbar, click the Reference Images
2. Below the screen on the right, click a thumbnail next to the image you are currently indexing.
3. Index the record while viewing both images at the same time.
4. To exit split screen mode, in the vertical toolbar, click the Reference Images
- Each name in your batch has a uncomplete date of Discharge at the end of their names.
- Remember the project instruction on dates to index: If there is a transfer record and each name has a day, such as "24th," or month or year, and there is a complete date recorded at the top or bottom of the page, use the complete date from the top of the record for each person on the record.
- The researchers will have access to the images and will be able to draw their own conclusions
Hope this help you answer your question. Thank you for indexing these records.0
You need to click on the bottom icon in the vertical toolbar on the image window. It is the "open book" that gets you to the Reference Images!0
Thank you very much!
I found the needed date (month and year) and now can finish indexing the batch...