How do I give corrections to the FamilySearch Place Research Tool database programmers?
The FamilySearch Place Research Tool database currently shows only one entry for Kaysville, Davis, Utah, United States, City, 1854 - Today. That entry needs to be corrected to Kaysville, Davis, Utah, United States, City, 1896 - Today (Utah did not become a state until 1896). A second entry needs to be created: Kaysville, Davis, Utah Territory, United States, City, 1854-1896. (The FamilySearch Place Research Tool seems to include a way to "Suggest a New Place," but does not seem to have a Feedback or Correction option. I failed when I tried to use the "Suggest a New Place" function.) Wayne Platt Smith.
Hello Wayne P. Smith
Welcome to the FamilySearch community, and thank you for your question regarding Places Data Base.
Please use the following links to the articles pertaining to FamilySearch Places Data Base.
- How do I suggest a new place to FamilySearch Places?
- Learn how to suggest a new place to our database of places.
- How do I request an update to the database of standardized places?
- You can recommend a new or corrected standardized place for our database.
- How do I correct or edit a place in FamilySearch Places?
- Learn how to improve the information in FamilySearch Places.
I hope that we understood and provided information that answers your question. Thank you for using Community and we hope this link or the Help Centre provides the answers you seek.
If you need further help regarding this question, please reply directly to me by clicking my contact name next to my picture.
I would like to thank you for your desire to seek out your ancestors and wish you joyful success as you do your family history work.1