If the scan doesn't include the entirety of the information, do I enter what I can see or do I leave in blank when indexing?
You would fill in the information you see into the correct fields.
If the information is unreadable for any field you mark it as such with CTRL U or if it is missing you would mark it as blank with CTRL B.
If all of the information is unreadable you would indicate the question for Should this image be indexed? as No, No Extractable Data.
Otherwise you could return the batch1
It is always best to include a Share Batch code. For this question we would be able to tell if it was the batch itself with the issue or with your computer not loading the batch correctly. It is impossible for us to know without looking at the batch. We can only guess.
- Just above the toolbar, click Help.
- On the drop-down menu, click Share Batch.
- The Share Batch window opens, giving you two options:
- Copy the batch link, and paste it in an email to the helper or post it on the Share Batch, Etc. page on Facebook. The helper can click the link and go directly to the batch.
- Share the batch code so the helper can enter it in the web indexing tool and open the batch.
- A second way to find the batch code is by clicking Batch, then About Batch. The Batch ID is the same as the code.
The Share Batch link or code is not related to the film or image number. Instead, it is a unique number assigned to the batch for the sole purpose of sharing the batch.0