LOSING WORK!!! - Anyone ever have a problem with work not saving?
Several times I have been working on a batch, but have not finished it yet and return to the main web indexing page. When I come back into the batch I find that a good number of names/work has been lost. It tends to happen when I am on an image for a long time - for example the business directories that could have hundreds of names on one image. It's not like it didn't save at all, some of the beginning work is saved, but there seems to come a point where after that none of the work was saved. After it happened the first time I have been checking the saved time stamp. But I have still lost work even when the time stamp at the top is updating and had saved within the last few seconds of when I leave, but it's not actually saving I guess. Is there some problem with staying on the same image for a long time and the webpage "times out" or something so the webpage is still "running" but it is no longer sending data? I have started trying to get out of the batch every 25-30 names and then go back in so that if it happens I'm only losing a handful of names instead of a 100 or more (yes, I have lost a lot of work). But that gets tiresome and frustrating and sometimes I lose track of time and when I get out I still lose work that didn't save. Anyone else experiencing anything like this or having any trouble with work not saving?
Do you have a Shared batch code that we can use to look at one of these batches? Here are the steps to obtain the code:
- Just above the toolbar, click Help.
- On the drop-down menu, click Share Batch.
- The Share Batch window opens, giving you two options:
- Copy the batch link, and paste it in an email to the helper or post it on the Share Batch, Etc. page on Facebook. The helper can click the link and go directly to the batch.
- Share the batch code so the helper can enter it in the web indexing tool and open the batch.
- A second way to find the batch code is by clicking Batch, then About Batch. The Batch ID is the same as the code.
When this happens could you please shared the batch code so we can report them?0
Yes, on August 1st I was indexing Virginia Marriages and 180 fields did not register. I guess maybe it is better to do a few and make sure they are saving.1