Have Ancestry account already connect with Family Search ,
How to I find old account . I have ucdmid # ***-0000-0000. Can not access E mail account used at that time. Barbara Smith
This question was a phone call and has been submitted for review.0
How do I connect my family search to the free ancestry.com?0
I am just another 'lowly' User/Patron ...
Just in passing ...
The "Commercial" Website, of "Ancestry.com", is NOT ... FREE ...
The "Commercial" Website, of "Ancestry.com", is a "Subscription"/"Paid" website.
One, can get FREE access, to MUCH (but, NOT "All") of the "Commercial" Website, of "Ancestry.com", by a personal visit to, a "Family History Centre" of the Church, around the World; where, such access is available.
I hope, that this may help/assist, somewhat.
Related ( EARLIER / PREVIOUS ) 'Post' ...
'Category' = Family Tree
HOME > FAMILYSEARCH HELP > FAMILY TREE
How do I connect my family search to the free ancestry.com?
In case your question is about setting up for DNA genealogy work:
- Make an account, let's call it XYZ Study, on Ancestry.com linked to an email address you reserve for that account. This free account has no DNA test activated and no paid subscription, so no access to historical records.
- Use desktop software such as RootsMagic in two steps: download tree from Family Search, upload tree to Ancestry.
- Make your tree public.
- You and others share your AncestryDNA tests to XYZ Study by inviting XYZ Study to Collaborate.
- Link the test accounts to the public tree.
- Wait a week or so for Ancestry to recompute ThruLines.
The secret sauce is the tree. For that see this other Discussion: Conflicting tree info
Alternatively, if your question is about Partner Access for LDS members to Ancestry.com, start with the relevant "Join for free" link here: https://www.familysearch.org/campaign/partneraccess/0
@dianegodbout1's question continues here:0