I have worked my genealogy for some time using Family Search forgot user name and password
I have worked my genealogy for some time using Family Search but I was sick and in the hospital for some and forgot my name and password. Please let me know so'me so I can get back it work.
High Point, NC 27260
Here is a link with an article that may help you recover your password.
Hopefully this will help you. We are glad that you able to use FamilySearch again.
Regarding: we received your question about user name and password. We are sending in addition to the previous answer detailed answeers.
Recovering a forgotten username or resetting a forgotten password to sign into FamilySearch.org FamilySearch does not keep a record of patron’s passwords due to privacy security. (Passwords must be at least 8 characters with at least one letter and one number.)
You can recover a forgotten username or reset a forgotten password for your account using whichever option is directly linked to your account:
- Your mobile phone number
- Your email address
- In the upper right corner of the FamilySearch website, click Sign In.
- Do one of the following, depending on whether you have forgotten your username only, your password only, or both:
- Username only: Click username beneath the Password field.
- Password only: Click password beneath the Password field.
- Both: Click username beneath the Password field. Then, on the next screen, click the checkbox I do not remember my password.
- Select a recovery method based on information you provided during registration.
- Mobile: Enter your mobile number. A verification code goes to that number. Enter the verification code into the provided field, and click Continue.
- Email: Enter your email address. An email with all of the usernames associated with that email account comes to you. Open the email, and click the username that you want to use.
- What happens next depends on whether you indicated that you forgot:
- Username only: The sign-in page reappears, with your username automatically filled in. You can now enter your password, and sign in. Or if you find that you also forgot your password, click password to reset your password.
- Password only: The option to reset your password appears.
- Both: The option to reset your password appears. Your username appears on the screen.
- If you need to reset your password, do this:
- Enter a new password.
- Verify the new password.
- Click Reset.
We do hope you will be successful accessing your Family Tree.
Thank you for using this wonderful website and we wish you much success.
Thank you for the work you are doing in Family Tree and we wish you much success.1
So no phone number was recorded and the email address got deleted so how can the account be recovered now?
We used to have an option to use the Membership number.0