HELP HELP My information has all disappeared!!! HELP HELP
I worked for months and months putting in information about my 11 aunts and 11 uncles and their children into my family tree, etc. Today, I opened up my computer here and on ancestry and all of that information is gone!!!!
Do you have any idea what happened????
I am sick and want to give up now because all of my information has disappeared!! HELP HELP HELP
Doug, got to the end person of the line that is missing, and you may discover someone has unlinked your hard work, by deleting a relationship. By looking in Latest Changes, you may find the PID of the person who removed from you line, and you can just add them back by their PID, then every one up the line from teh PID will come back too.0
Doug, we received your question about my Family Tree has disappeared. Once you have an account with FamilySearch your Family Tree information can not disappear.
May we recommend that you try a different browser like Mozilla Fire Fox, or Google Chrome.
1. Recovering a forgotten username or resetting a forgotten password to sign into FamilySearch.org FamilySearch does not keep a record of patron’s passwords due to privacy security. (Passwords must be at least 8 characters with at least one letter and one number.)
You can recover a forgotten username or reset a forgotten password for your account using whichever option is directly linked to your account:
- Your mobile phone number
- Your email address
- In the upper right corner of the FamilySearch website, click Sign In.
- Do one of the following, depending on whether you have forgotten your username only, your password only, or both:
- Username only: Click username beneath the Password field.
- Password only: Click password beneath the Password field.
- Both: Click username beneath the Password field. Then, on the next screen, click the checkbox I do not remember my password.
- Select a recovery method based on information you provided during registration.
- Mobile: Enter your mobile number. A verification code goes to that number. Enter the verification code into the provided field, and click Continue.
- Email: Enter your email address. An email with all of the usernames associated with that email account comes to you. Open the email, and click the username that you want to use.
- What happens next depends on whether you indicated that you forgot:
- Username only: The sign-in page reappears, with your username automatically filled in. You can now enter your password, and sign in. Or if you find that you also forgot your password, click password to reset your password.
- Password only: The option to reset your password appears.
- Both: The option to reset your password appears. Your username appears on the screen.
- If you need to reset your password, do this:
- Enter a new password.
- Verify the new password.
- Click Reset.
Are those 11 couples living?
If they are living, some other FT contributor related to you likely marked them all living, thereby moving them into that contributor's private space on FT, where they are now hidden from the public.
Do you still see any of the parents of these aunts and uncles? If yes, then check the change logs on some of their profiles and you may be able to work out what happened and who did it.0
I was working on my husband's grandfather's timeline and wanted to add another child to it. Oh dear! the other two children that were on the timeline disappeared and I cant find them now.
Please can you help find them?
George Porter Mathew 1868 - 10 May 1949 timeline
Gother Donaldson Mathew
Leonie Moffat Mathew
I wanted to add - Mervynne Mathew b. 27 February 1907 d. 19 January 1988
Dear Rosalind Holderness,
With the information you gave us we signed into FamilySearch as a helper and noticed the two children listed
To add Sarah Lydia please follow these steps:
One of the most direct ways to add a child into Family Tree is to link them to their parents.
- Sign in to FamilySearch and click Family Tree.
- Navigate to the Person page of one of the parents.
- If you do not see Vitals near the top of the page, click Details.
- Scroll down to the Family Members section.
- Under Spouses and Children, click Add Child. (If Add Child does not show, click the down arrow beside Children under the couple box.)
- If one of the parents of the child is unknown, click Add Child with an Unknown Mother or Father. Add details in a note or in the individual's Life Sketch.
- Enter information about the child, and click Next. (If you know the ID of the child, click By ID Number.)
- Review the search results. If you find the right child, click Add Person.
- If you do not see the person in the search results, click Create New.
Thank you for the work you are doing in Family Tree and we wish you much success.1