what if I'm not sure of the spelling of a name?
When you index, you can see information that is difficult to read because of damage to a document or other factors. You can represent unreadable information in various ways, depending on how much information is unreadable:
- One character. If you are unable to read 1 letter or number, use a question mark (?) to replace the unreadable letter or number. Example: H?ndley.
- Multiple characters. For consecutive unreadable letters or numbers, use an asterisk (*) to replace the unreadable group of letters or numbers. Example: Di*son.
- One field. When all of the information for an indexing field is unreadable, mark the field as Unreadable. Click in the field, and press Ctrl+U.
- Entire record. When all of the information in an entire record is unreadable, including the name, date, and any information for other required fields, mark the record as Unreadable. Press Ctrl+Shift+U.
- Entire image. If you cannot read any of the information on the image, mark it as having no Extractable data. In Step 1: Images, choose No, No Extractable Data.
We hope this information will prove helpful to you. Thank you for the work that you are doing.0