Skip to content

Family Tree

Groups Select



I am trying to find out where do I get my GEDCOM file from. Please, anyone, can you help me?

Best Answer

  • Accepted Answer

    You are the one who creates a GEDCOM. This can be done from many outside websites or databases such as or a personal database software program. FamilySearch used to have a program called Personal Ancestral File (PAF) but it is no longer supported. There are other personal database programs available. Please go to the very bottom of a page (Person page or Home page, but not pedigree page) to see "Solutions Gallery." Here you can find many personal database programs that are available; many of them are free.

Sign In or Register to comment.