Responding to the email notification is the quickest and easiest way to provide information regarding the restricted image for our team to review.
FamilySearch uses software to review each memory item that is uploaded to ensure that it complies with our rules and guidelines .
When a memory item appears to violate the rules and guidelines, FamilySearch takes these actions:
- Flags the item with a banner and the word "Restricted."
- Creates a case, and sends you an email notification.
- Retains the flagged memory item in your Memories gallery for 30 days.
You can review the case and respond if you feel the memory item should not be restricted.
Cases are not available on the mobile apps and can be viewed only on the FamilySearch website.
- While signed in to FamilySearch, click Help, click Contact Us.
- Scroll down to the My Cases section, and click Go to My Cases.
- To open and review the case notes, click the case number.
- Click Reopen Case.
- Enter your response, and click Send.
This link will better explain reasons as to why.
You can also click on the question mark in the upper right hand corner for the Help Center and search restricted photos.0