what do i do to find the birthplace of my ancestors asap?
Genealogy doesn't move quickly. It takes time and energy to solve the puzzles we face finding information about our ancestors. If you follow the steps below, you could possibly find the answers you are looking for:
- Have a goal. Know what you are trying to find.
- Start with a broad search. You do not have to enter information in all search parameter fields. In fact, you often get better results when you leave most of them blank.
- Expect records and indexes to contain errors, spelling variations, and estimations.
- Try your search several times with variations:
- Increase or decrease the date range.
- Add or remove information. For example, if you searched with a birth city and county, try searching only with the county.
- Search for a family member instead.
- Search for women using their maiden and married names. You can also search with just the first name of a woman and the names of her spouse or parents.
- Estimate dates and places.
- Add a second spouse, father, mother, or other person to your search criteria by clicking the link for Spouse, Father, Mother, or Other Person. Doing so opens up an additional search field.
- Use the filters on the search results page.
- Always look at the image, if possible. It often has more information than the index alone.
@Ramses Melaño Peliña
That is a very good question ...
Start with Yourself and work backwards ...
You; Parents; Grandparents; Great Grandparents; ETC; Etc; etc ...
There is NOTHING ... ASAP [ ie. as soon as possible ] ... about it.
RESEARCH; Research; and, more, research ...
ps: Where do you; and, your, Parents; Grandparents; and, Great Grandparents, come from?
I would say the first thing you need to do to find the birth place of you ancestor
is to provide us more detailed information on them so we can answer your question.
we'd Love to answer your question - as quickly as you can provide more details.0
I agree Dennis if you don't provide the actual source then you can write a short note in the explanation column(where you have added or changed any profiles) that no one should change anything. State that it is your close relative and you will follow up with a source.
Hope this will help until you have proofed your statement0