is there a way to combine multiple images into one record?
I have 3 images that all have information that relate to the same event. Example image 1 contains groom information, image 2 contains bride information and image 3 contains parent information, all of this needs to be put into one entry. I'm wondering if there's a way to reference all 3 images for the entries and add more entries to the list.
really hope that makes sense, thanks in advance!
Shared on Indexing Chat and the following Answer provided by
It sounds like you must be doing batches from the Indiana Marriages project. Someone else was having trouble figuring out how the three images in the batches were describing the groom/bride information across images of multiple pages of the original document. It took 3 images to capture each set of flipped pages.
Anyway, to answer your question. No, there is no way to combine multiple images, in the indexing tool. However, there is a way to essentially split the image screen in half and view a different image in each half of the screen. So you could select images 1&2 to index the information in those two pages, and the look at images 2&3 to index the info in the 3rd image, or you could just look at the 3rd image, but having the information from the 2nd image might be useful to keep the record entries lined up.
To split the screen and bring up another image, you use the icon in the top left hand corner of the image screen. The fourth icon at the bottom is supposed to look like an open book. If you click on that icon, it will bring up a set of thumbnail images across the bottom of your screen indicating the image in your batch and several images before and after your batch. These are called reference images to look for information one might need that wasn't recorded on every page, but in your case we only need to look at the images in your batch. The first image in your batch is probably the one displayed on the left half of the image screen. If you select the 2nd image of your batch in the right half of the image screen, you can use that to index whatever information you need from those images. Then you will need to go back and look at the 3rd image for each entry you have created to complete them.
Hope this helps.0
hmmmm I didnt get the impression they were talking about indexing at all . . . . simply FS Memories.
Jeffery can you clarify?0
@Dennis J Yancey We have had the same question repeatedly on these Indiana Marriages and he tagged Indexing Tips & Tricks. Sharing a question in this program isn't optimal because the answer only shows up on the post where it is answered! But, when we use the @ and notify the group, the answers show up on both posts.0
Jeffery Strange, not sure if this is what you are talking about but you can organise your memories into Albums.
Knowledge Article with FamilySearch - How do I add memories to an album?
You can organize your ancestors' photos, stories, documents, and audio files into albums in Memories.
- Adding items from the GalleryClick Memories, and then from the drop-down menu, click Gallery.
- Hover over an item you want to add to an album, and then click the check mark that appears within the item.
- Notice the new colored bar near the top of the page. On the right side of the bar, you see how many items are selected.
- Select all the items you want to add to an album.
- On the left of the colored bar, just below Gallery, click Actions, and from the drop-down menu, click Add to Album.
- Next to the album name where you want to add the items, click the open circle. Or to create a new album, click next to New Album, and enter a name for the new album in the box.
- Click Add to Album.
- Using drag and drop to move items into an albumSelect all the items you want to add to an album.
- Click on one of the selected items, and hold down the left-mouse button while dragging the memory items to the album name in the far left column.
- Release the mouse button when the album name changes colors. The counter to the right of the album name increases by the number of items added to the album.
- Adding items to an album from the viewerWhile in the Gallery, click a memory item to open the viewer, and continue with the appropriate instruction set below.
- Click in the list to the right of the item, or click Actions above the item, then Add to Album.
- Click the circle to the right of an existing album title, or enter a new album title in the box.
- Click Add to Album.
- Repeat steps if you want to add the item to more than one album.
Hope this is what you are looking for