Somehow, my father is selected as the home person. Whenever I try to "View Relationship" to someone on my tree, it connects me to my father.
This is complicated. View Relationship always goes to the person who was put as the very first person entered when an account was opened. That was supposed to be you. Unfortunately you apparently put in your father instead.
To fix this:
1) Create a new Family Tree profile for your father.
2) Attach this new profile of your father as a child of his parents and the husband of your mother.
3) Move any sources from the current profile of your father to the new profile for your father. Also correct the tagging of any memories.
4) Completely edit the existing profile of your father and turn that profile into you. This is the profile that will have the ID number you see when you go to your Account and check under Notifications:
(Do first make sure you have not changed to starting person to someone other than yourself. If you have, you will see:
when you click Edit. If that is the case, click the top radio button and click Save. This setting does not affect the view relationship screen so setting this to top button is not sufficient to fix your problem.)
5) Edit all relationships as needed to move you and your siblings to be properly under the new profile of your father in the correct couple relationship with your mother.
On familysearch.org, click your username in the top right, select Settings and then Account:
Almost forgot: The last step would be to merge by ID your current profile of yourself into the edited current (now old) profile for you father so that you now have the correct ID number.
FYI - I tested the method I proposed on the Beta site, and it worked.
@Áine Ní Donnghaile Great! I hope that he can fix things that simply. I tried changing my starting person on the production site and seeing if it changed the relationship view screen and it did not. Maybe I didn't refresh things properly first.
I assume that you are NOT by chance - using an account that was originally created by your father?????
Thank you! I accidentally created the account with my father's information first and could never fix it. Now it is correct. I appreciate your help!