Cannot sign in
This discussion was created from comments split from: How about providing a way to contact Family Search Directly.
Why can I not get into my family search from my iPhone. I sign in with my name and password but I receive a message which indicates wrong password. How do I correct this?0
The incorrect password must have been entered. Here are the steps to reset your password on a mobile device:
- Start either the Family Tree or Memories mobile app.
- On the login screen, do one of the following, depending on whether you have forgotten your username only, your password only, or both:
- Username only: Tap username
- Password only: Tap password
- Both: Tap username. Then, on the next screen, tap the checkbox next to I do not remember my password.
- Select a recovery method based on the information that you provided during registration.
- Mobile: Enter your mobile number. A verification code goes to that number. Enter the verification code into the provided field, and tap Continue.
- Email: Enter your email address. An email with all the usernames associated with that email account comes to you. Open the email and tap the username that you want to use.
- What happens next depends on what you indicated that you forgot:
- Username only: The sign-in page reappears, with your username automatically filled in. You can now enter your password and sign in. Or if you find you also forgot your password, tap password to reset your password.
- Password only: The option to reset your password appears.
- Both: The option to reset your password appears. Your username appears on the screen.
- If necessary, reset your password:
- Enter a new password.
- Verify the new password.
- Tap Reset.
Here is the link to the Knowledge Article https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/helpcenter/article/i-forgot-my-familysearch-password-or-username. PaulaAnn0