reporting a mistake
I received a name via ordinances ready for female initiatory. I believe this person is actually a male. How do I report the mistake, so this gentleman can get the proper work completed? The name is Clarence Laurell (Larvel) Manro, born 7 July 1901, Wapello Iowa.
There really is nowhere to report something like this because there is really no need to report it. You just take care of it. First of all, you need to go beyond being suspicious and actually determine facts. In particular if you are just basing your belief on the name since that can be very unreliable.
The correct procedure would be:
- Go go the person's Family Tree page.
- Evaluate all the sources on the person to see if the person is female or male.
- Try to find additional sources for the person.
- Contact the users who have been working on the person for their reasoning on the matter.
- Decide if the person is female or male.
- Either leave the person as female or correct the Family Tree page to show male.
But don't just change it for no reason.3
Annie Ray O'Neal (LXR2-8Y4) was a baby. She was born in 1 December 1898. and She died in 18 June 1899.
Annie Ray O'Neal was sealed to her Parents on 18 May 2010 at Jordan River Temple.
She never had a husband. So I asked you to remove the record Her husband (?).0
Family Tree is open edit. We users can correct just about everything. It is extremely rare that FamilySearch will or does edit anything for use.
Since Annie died as an infant, just disconnect that "husband" that has no information except a ? as a name. To do this go down to the Family Members section. Just under the couple listing is the pencil icon that means Edit. Click on it and remove Mr. ?.2