Why does the FIND feature in the Memories show results for LIVING people? It says it doesn't.
This is the help feature on using Find in the Find Feature: IT IS INCORRECT! IT SEARCHES LIVING PEOPLE!
"How to Use the Find Feature in Memorie
The Find feature in Memories helps you to search for photos, stories, documents, audio files, and albums contributed by patrons of FamilySearch. Below you will find information on how to use the Find feature in Memories.
The Find feature lets you search for text or topic tags associated with individual memories.
- The Find feature searches for words contained in a title or description of a memory or album.
- The Find feature also searches for words contained in the first 250 characters of a story. Currently the entire text of the story is not included in the search.
The following will not display in a text search result:
- Memories with no person tags
- Memories with only unlinked person tags
- Memories linked to living people in the Family Tree"
I feel that FamilySearch has been misleading us for so many years. Telling us that the living would remain private. Help articles encourage us to add our own memories and stories. Why would we want to add any living items to FamilySearch now? If we make them private then what good are they?
Small children's photos are shown with stories their parents have written about them. The photos included can be downloaded and the GPS coordinates show where the photo was taken. This is a HUGE security issue! Living people's personal life histories with personal information are now searchable. I see so many issues!
I feel LIVING PEOPLE should remain private!